The Scintrex AutoGrav CG-5 gravity meter is a device for measuring gravity, which is a reflection of the density distribution in the rock mass. The gravity meter measuring system is based on a quartz spring and has a high measurement accuracy: 0.001 mgal resolution, with error <0.005 mgal. The operating range of the Autograv CG-5 is World wide. The CG-5 is characterized by a low drift, has a built-in module eliminating the tidal correction and the tilt correction within ± 200 arc sec.
Sharing of equipment requires prior approval of the Head of the Department. Sharing takes place on a collaborative basis or for a fee, under commercial orders.
- Usefulness restoration of lands under anthropopression
- Gravity monitoring
- Designing roads and highways
- Survey in maining and post minig area
- Determining the state of embankments and dams
- Determination of bulk density
- Detection of voids and unconsolidated zones
- Expolration of oil and gas as well as coal, minerals and metal ores.
- Recognition of geological setting and tectonics
Gravity survey can be carried out in surface and profile versions. The survey allow for recognition of geological structures which have density contrast to host rocks. The parameters of the gravity meter CG-5 also allow the search for small-sized structures, both geological and anthropogenic (microgravity survey). In particular, measurements can also be performed inside mining galleries, including mining shafts to recognition rock mass outside a mining heading support.