Micromeritics' Saturn DigiSizer II measures particle size distribution using laser radiation diffraction.
- CCD detector
- a semiconductor diode laser
- laser power: 6-9 mW
- automatic system for preparing and transporting the suspension to the dynamic measuring system
- ultrasonic disperser for the initial preparation of the suspension
- measuring range: 0.04 to 2500 µm
- instrument software uses Mie and Fraunhofer models
- according to the regulations listed on the laboratory's website: http://wydzlab.agh.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Regulamin-WLBFSTiG.pdf
- scientific and research cooperation with AGH units and other domestic and foreign scientific units
- cooperation within the projects of NCN, NCBiR, cooperation with industry and under contracts
- measurement of the particle size distribution for mineral, synthetic, industrial samples, etc.
- Repeatability: 0.1 to 1 µm, 3%; 1 to 1000 µm, 1%
- Reproducibility: 0.1 to 1 µm, 5%; 1 to 100 µm, 2% 100 to 1000 µm, 5%